Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can anyone give me some pointers on pressure washing? Any pressure washing business owners out there?

what chemicals do you use? what services come along with it?


like fences or houses? what?





I'm thinking about starting my own little part time job and want to know a little before I get into it.


can I start out using a 2300 psi pressure washer?


give me some ideas please, thanks!


1 second ago - 3 days left to answer. - 0 answers - Report AbuseCan anyone give me some pointers on pressure washing? Any pressure washing business owners out there?
Impressive, girl friend. Here is a link for pressure washers. You are going to rock! http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=pressur鈥?/a>





As far a s chems, I'd suggest a little clorox in the mix to kill the lovely green algae, it is environmentally friendly in the right proportion and does a lovely job. (I hired mine done, please give me an estimate as my abode sanctuary is in need of a bath!.) good luck.Can anyone give me some pointers on pressure washing? Any pressure washing business owners out there?
Good idea, but I know nothing about pressure washers, sorry.
For pressure washing a set of concrete paths and a wide driveway I just used plain water. For oil spots I added a little detergent into the bottle that came with the system, but it really did not do that much better a job. Maybe hot water would have been better but I could not arrange it without replacing water taps.





I bought a small Danish made pressure washer in a hardware store for less than the cost of hiring a larger one. it removed an enormous amount of dirt and algae from the concrete which looked almost new afterwards.





I found it would not remove old paint spots from concrete, some of them had been there since before 1990 when I moved in. However the pressure that my small unit could supply might not have been enough. A few paint spots did lift though. You might need spot chemicals for this. Likewise it would not shift paint in good condition from timber, but anywhere the paint was poor it did move most of it.





But if you wanted to start a business with one you will need one with as high a capacity as you can get. This not so much the pressure but the volume of the water it can supply at an adequate pressure. A larger volume of water means a wider spray and a wider spray means you get the job done quicker.





This might mean some kind of system powered by a fuel burning motor mounted on the back of a pickup with perhaps a burner to supply hot water when needed.





Hope this helps.
there are many chemicals. Sears sells pressure washer chemicals. Simple green has a chemical. There are differant chemicals for the job you want I use a product called sundance wash and wax for mobilehomes, RVs and vehicles. It requires no rinshing and leaves a nice wax shine. Pressure washing is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment